Posh Sausage Roll
Using our home-made sausage meat which we make by adding shoulder of pork mince, diced fresh onion which has been sauteed in butter, sage from our herb garden along with seasonings before wrapping in our home-made pastry. This is our twist on the conventional sausage roll. Try them you will be back for more.
In these unprecedented times we are currently only delivering to non-rural residential addresses. We do our utmost to send our products to you as soon as possible (using contactless channels), and courier tracking numbers are available on request.
Posh Sausage Roll
This is our twist on the poor old sausage roll that has been culinary abused by the mass producers over the years. It seems that their main objective is to make the sausage roll as long as possible. Our poor friend the humble sausage roll they also try make for as cheap as possible. Even in the UK as far back as I can remember, the producers were required by law to put only a minimum of 12% meat. That being said this probably happens even in NZ. I suspect that the remaining 88% can be cheap packers, preservatives or colourants ie rubbish.
The Kitchen Door has rekindled our friend. We use a minimum of 75% pork mince meat with the remaining 25% being the following. A combination of fresh sage from our herb garden. Whole butter and home-made bread which has been crumbed. Then topped off with my special spice mix and finished with a touch of Heinz ketchup. No rubbish here!
Kids love them and parents and caregivers can relax in the knowledge that they are giving their loved ones good old fashion sausage rolls. It is a must add to your UK Food Box.
– Pork Mince Meat
– Fresh Sage from our Herb Garden and Onion
Sauteed in Whole Butter, Salt and Pepper, Wrapped in our Home-Made Pastry